So here's the deal. I would like to play a number of LA Poker Classic events (though probably not the main event, unless lightning strikes me about six more times). In order to finance this (big score notwithstanding, tourney variance is obviously high) I'm willing to sell some action. Just how much I sell will be up to you.
I liked JoeSpeaker's model for the sale of his action in the upcoming LAPC event. (For the record, I got in early enough to get a piece of him.) So here's what I propose: 10% of the buy-in gets you a 5% share. For a $540 buyin event, shares are thus $54 each, $106 for the $1060, and $158 for the $1580.
Fine print details:
1. I will sell up to 25% of my action in the $540 buy-in events, and up to 50% in any of the $1000 or higher events. I have to know who you are to sell to you. (If you have a poker blog, rest assured I probably do.)
2. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will play in any $540 event in which I've sold at least 15% of my action, and in any $1000+ event in which I've sold at least 30% of my action. Refunds for unplayed events will be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly.
3. I've decided to skip the $2500 events unless I get on a monster run, because $250-something is a lot of money to ask someone for if they're gonna get 5% of nothing.
4. Shares are first-come, first-serve, and I'd like to keep it to one per event per backer until 24 hours prior to the event. I like to know I am loved and adored by many. If for some insane reason you want to buy more of one share of me in a particular event, please say so, and I'll contact you after the deadline passes and see if you're still interested, or if another coconut has fallen on your head and restored you to sensibility.
5. If you've transferred funds for an event I can't play, I will contact you promptly and ask if you'd like a refund or, if available, a share in another event instead. Or a massage. I give okay massages.
5. Monies must be transferred to my FTP or Party accounts 12 hours before the event begins (with possible exceptions granted for LA-area players, who can't possibly hide from me for long). An exemption for this will be granted for tomorrow's O8 event - for that I just gotta know it's there by, say, the time I leave the house.
6. I will make every effort to update with my progress in events, technology permitting. At the least I'll send instant messages through unofficial channels. If I can give you some added entertainment value for your backing, I will.
I recognize that this is probably a fairly grand experiment for pokerbloggerdom, and that prospective backers will be placing a great deal of faith in not only my meager skills but also my integrity. All I have to say about that is that every cat I've ever owned is either alive and healthy or died of natural causes.
Also, I gotta say this: I wouldn't be here today with even one win under my belt if not for the poker-blogging community. So this is a two-way street. If you have detected any obvious flaws in my brilliant plan, like you think I'm trying to sell too damn many events at once or something, speak the hell up. It was suggestions from bloggers that got me here and I'd be foolish not to lend an ear now.
I'd like to play the following events:
1/22 #4 $540 Omaha8 (122O8)
1/24 #6 $540 NLHE (124NLHE)
1/26 #8 $540 NLHE (126NLHE)
1/30 #12 $1060 NLHE (130NLHE)
2/3 #16 $1060 LHE (23LHE)
2/8 #21 $$1580 NLHE (28NLHE)
2/12 #25 $540 NLHE shootout (212NLHE)
2/13 #26 $540 NLHE (213NLHE)
If you're interested, drop me a line via email, which is troublecat, then the at sign, then mac dot com.