2.03.2006

Don't Ask Me How

22 remaining at the end of play today. I went push-crazy with my shortstack as 3:30AM approached, figuring I didn't want to make the drive tomorrow to play a 10K stack. Early position with K5s? All-in, no callers. UTG with JTo? All-in. Big blind goes into the tank and finally mucks QJs face-up. Last hand of the night, I am in the big blind, have chipped up to about 18k. Early-position raiser. I look down and see 55. Hey, a hand! I'm not playing a baby pair out of position and if he raised with an overpair, those are the breaks. I shove for the third time in three hands. When it takes a while for him to call I figure I'm racing. He finally calls and shows KJs. A no-paint board doubles me up just in time to put our chips into bags for the night. Chip count: T39.4K, which if my calculations are correct (880,000 or so chips in play) means I have just a teensy, tiny bit under par. 800/1600/200 blinds and antes gives me an M of only 8, but I think the chip leader has only a little over 80K so it's anyone's ballgame at this point. Oh, yeah, some guy called Men The Master is out already. Though no thanks to me - I gifted him with 3K in chips during the time I was at his table after I raised with AKs and whiffed the flop completely. Do you call a value-looking bet with unimproved AK on a board of 52789, three diamonds, when it's Messr. Nguyen betting into you? He seemed somewhat surprised that I checked behind on the turn. Granted, he could easily have been bluffing me with queen high, but I choose to believe I dodged a small-calibre bullet. The lousy part about this is missing the homegame. I hope I'm forgiven.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maigrey said...

Hold the homegame at the bike! :)

2/03/2006 05:59:00 AM  
Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Man, oh man. You're a machine.

Best of luck tonight. They fear you! Maybew not Men, but you don't gotta worry about him any longer.

2/03/2006 08:24:00 AM  
Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Congrats, man. Good luck tonight.

2/03/2006 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger April said...

You are teh awesome. Best of luck tonight.

2/03/2006 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger Donkeypuncher said...

holy geez brutha!

you need to give us a presentation on your tournament strategy at the next wpbt event!

Go Get'em!

2/03/2006 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home