1.18.2006

The Eve Of 'Struction

T-minus 19 hours and change until my first big live tourney. I'm surprised at how anxious that makes me feel, but hopefully my time on Murderer's Row has served me well. Note to self: pack extra underwear (but leave it in the car). I decided to enter the Full Tilt $16K Guaranteed tonight as a little warmup tourney. I played very few hands and watched chips ping-pong around the table. The guy to my left called a river all-in (which was 5x the size of the pot) for more than a third of his chips on a board of T2TT4. The all-in bettor had A4o and it was good. Donkey, I pin the tail on you! A few orbits later I got KK in the small blind. Big-blind donkey had rollercoasted around to where we were dead-even in chips and was clearly on whatever form of tilt happens to people who don't actually know how to play poker to begin with. The button player was very aggressive in position, but this time he limped. I raised the pot to T200. Donk-blind insta-pushed, button folded, I insta-called. Donkey: KQs. Flop Q high. Turn Q. Sometimes 6-to-1 won't even buy you a cup of coffee. Watch this space tomorrow - I may live-blog the tourney via email if I have enough time after throwing up during breaks. Then again I may be too embarrassed. Like if I'm out before the first break. Then maybe I'll just live-blog the sandwich I'll be eating to replace the lunch I threw up before the tourney started. Don't let glyphic sucker you into taking any bets on the type of sandwich. He's got a dead read on me.

4 Comments:

Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Good luck!

1/18/2006 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger change100 said...

Dude, you're gonna be fine. But if you yak up your lunch, I promise a phenomenal shoulder massage.

1/18/2006 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

You'll do great. Be sure to let us hear all about how you overran the table and won it all by playing the hammer.

1/19/2006 01:20:00 AM  
Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Go get 'em, man. 2006: The Year of the River Call.

1/19/2006 08:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home