4.26.2005

Why I'm Not Going To The WSOP

I'm almost tempted to play in the next WPBT-WSOP satellite - strike that, I'm sorely tempted. But I wouldn't be able to make it to Vegas because a dear friend of ours is coming to town that weekend (he happens to be in the most badass jazz band on the planet). Naturally, we realized this five minutes after my wife finally talked me into going. Which is another reason she's insanely great. I'd write a list of reasons here but she'd get all embarrassed and also I'd be afraid of sins of omission. Anyway, y'all have fun. Next time there's something going on in Vegas, just try and stop me going. A special shout out to April for linking up my last home game report. Welcome to your new home - Austin's a great city.

5 Comments:

Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Hey. I heard a story on them on NPR this past weekend.

4/27/2005 10:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not surprising. They've been in just about every music magazine, they're big in Japan, and they might just be the band that gets a whole new generation excited about jazz. (Or if nothing else have the Velvet Underground effect.)

4/29/2005 02:11:00 AM  
Blogger Absinthe said...

Anonymous on my own blog. Sheesh.

4/29/2005 02:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you see them? did they play "velouria"?

tk

5/10/2005 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger Absinthe said...

I saw them when I was down in Austin, but they didn't do "Velouria" that time. Was a short set. I'll tell Dave he'd better play it when they're in SF (June 5, Herbst Theatre!) or he's dead meat.

5/11/2005 03:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home