3.24.2005

I, Am, I-ron-Man, Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Bon-us Cleared

Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I took some hard beats during the first 700 hands but ground my way back into the black during the home stretch. For the last few hundred I was four-tabling and trying to play hyper-aggressive, check-raising out of position with any piece of a ragged flop, betting the turn with a pocket pair with two or three overcards out there, raising preflop from any position with Ax suited, KTo, reraising with QJo, and so on. I came out "ahead" but haven't had time to sort through the data yet to see what kind of leaks my maniac experiment uncovered. I didn't take many opportunities to drop the Hammer; usually it was raised behind me or I got it when it was an absolute calling station's blind. But I took 8BB off a minor maniac when my UTG Hammer raise ran into his AJo; I capped preflop, hit two pair on the flop and checkraised, then checkraised the turn, THEN checkraised the river, getting him to call with his last money even though he hadn't improved at all. That's right. I busted someone with the Hammer at a LIMIT table. Of course I redistributed some of his chips the very next hand when I got the Hammer AGAIN and felt compelled to play my rush - my unimproved Hammer ran into a set of aces. But I slowplayed it a little that time so I didn't lose too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Heh heh heh... maniac.

3/27/2005 06:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home